Jennifer Runquist, LPC
Behavioral Health Services
Robyn Price, LCSW
Behavioral Health Services Asst.
Assistant Billing Specialist
The Luzerne Intermediate Unit Behavioral Health Department serves as a leader in integrating mental health and educational services through a comprehensive system maximizing the least restrictive option.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs – PHP is a school-based or center-based program that services elementary, middle, and high school children in need of mental health services. The goal of the PHP is to increase client functioning by providing mental health treatment for children and adolescents in a school setting. The program operates 6 hours a day Monday through Friday according to the School District calendar it follows. Summer hours are available based on need.
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services – The IBHS Program services children and adolescents in Luzerne, Wyoming, and Carbon Counties. The following services are provided to the clients identified throughout the interagency wraparound process: Behavior Consultant, Mobile Therapy, and Behavioral Health Technicians. IBHS services offer 1 on 1 support in the home, school, and community.
- Community and School-Based Behavioral Health Teams – Teams provide case management, 24 hour crisis intervention, and mental health treatment for children and teenagers with a severe emotional and/or behavioral problem that interferes with their learning.
- Outpatient Services – A comprehensive private practice with a board certified Children & Adolescent Psychiatrist. Services include: Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, medication management, outpatient psychotherapy, etc.
- Lighthouse Academy – Delivers intensive interventions to children and youth through specialized classrooms.
For more information on any program, please contact Robyn Price at (570) 718-4686