Working in conjunction with our member school districts, the LIU serves as a resource in support of educating the gifted students of Luzerne and Wyoming Counties.
- Managing a Gifted Network to provide teachers of the gifted with a forum for networking with peers, and receiving training in current instructional, legal, and technical trends,
- Providing technical support to districts choosing to restructure gifted services or improve upon their existing service model,
- Organizing and implementing individualized staff development plans for districts,
- Providing ongoing professional development,
- Providing advanced level training on Compacting and Differentiating Instruction,
- Training on development of Gifted IEPs, and
- Training and information for parents.
Asst. Director of STEM and Innovative Practices
Office of Professional Learning
Luzerne Intermediate Unit 18
368 Tioga Ave.
Kingston, PA 18704