Pennsylvania’s economic future depends on having a well-educated and skilled workforce. These trainings provide information on PA Career and Work Standards, K-12 career resources, career interest inventories (Choices Planner/Choices Explorer), career clusters, regional high demand jobs and Indicator 13/Secondary Transition. We also provide trainings on PA’s Act 158 graduation requirements and pathways as well.
- Investigate Choices Planner/Choices Explorer, an online career exploration program and electronic career portfolio site
- Audience: middle school and high school classroom teachers, guidance counselors
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Indicator 13/Secondary Transition training is focused on improving the academic and functional achievement of a child with a disability to facilitate the child’s movement from school to post-school activities. This includes post-secondary education, vocational education, integrated employment, continuing and adult education, adult services, independent living and community participation. Indicator 13 trainings assist classroom teachers with transition requirements of coordinated, measurable, annual IEP goals and to match transition services that will lead to post-secondary goals.
- Audience: middle school and high school special education teachers
- Duration: dependent on district needs
Please contact your district’s SPOC for scheduling or more information.