The Luzerne Intermediate Unit, in collaboration with PA State Police, Luzerne County 911, SERAPH, the Luzerne Foundation, the AntiBullying Coalition, and Geisinger, has created the following programs:
Safe Schools Audit Training
- District Level Teams gain the knowledge and ability to conduct comprehensive safety audits of district’s buildings, grounds, policies, procedures, and climate.
- Audience: District chosen core team can include general education teachers, special education teachers, administration, maintenance staff, school nurses, guidance counselors, or office staff.
- Duration: Two-full day initial training
School Safety Protocol
- Overview of emergency response protocols as recommended by the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Education, and State Police.
- Audience: All district faculty, staff, and personnel
- Duration: 1-2 hours
Luzerne County Safe Schools
- Collaborative committee who meets monthly to discuss county issues of concern and best practices.
Bullying Prevention Toolkit
- Developed in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education, the toolkit includes many strategies that research and practitioners have shown to be effective to get started in creating more positive social norms and cultures of caring. The toolkit is built around the film BULLY and includes various resources and tools to use when presenting sensitive concepts to students.
Please contact your district’s SPOC for scheduling or more information.